In the present day, the environment is racing towards the tipping point where we would have done permanent damage to the planet earth. The year 2020 has brought unforeseen challenges to the earth, which placed our entire world at a halt, and is still awaiting recovery. However, it is also the year that has also brought massive technological advancements, specifically in the areas of Green Technology (Sustainability) and Biotechnology (Smart Healthcare). Taiwan has and continues to work tirelessly to find solutions for climate problems. On the other hand, Taiwan has done an exceptional job in minimizing the impacts of the pandemic in the country. With that said, the 2021 GTI program focus on the topics of Green Technology (Sustainability) and Biotechnology (Smart Healthcare). We hope that sharing our pioneering technology achievements with aspiring talents could bring out more ideas to inspire the next generation of tech leaders, and for them to work together for a more efficient and sustainable future.
The following materials are required for application:
- Online Application Form
- Statement of Purpose (max. 700 words)
- Curriculum Vitae in PDF format
- Research Proposal (max. 700 words)
- Letter of Recommendation in PDF format
- Proof of Enrollment in PDF format
- Official Transcripts (IN ENGLISH) in PDF format
- Copy of Passport (Bio-page)
- Head-shot Photo (360×480 pixel) in JPG format
- Other Supplementary Documents (Optional)
To be nominated for this program, please send all the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org (Mrs. Amanda) at the latest on 19 February 2021
Nominated students will be informed by email to apply for this program after we send the names to the host university. Do not apply before you receive a confirmation email.
- Preference is given to applicants with the following qualifications:
- Students currently enrolled in graduate school (Master and Ph.D. students)
- University students (third year or above) with research experience
- Passport holders of the People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong, or Macau are NOT eligible to apply; HOWEVER, people from the aforementioned areas with dual citizenship may apply with a foreign passport.
- People who obtained a passport of Taiwan (Republic of China) and NEVER have household registration (戶籍) in Taiwan (Republic of China) are eligible to apply by using a foreign passport.
- Current degree-seeking students, exchange and visiting students in Taiwanese educational institutions are NOT eligible to apply.
**Language Proficiency: We recommend you to at least have an English proficiency level of CEFR B2 level (equivalent to IELTS 5.5 / TOEFL iBT 72) in order to communicate smoothly with your supervisor.
TOPIC OF THE YEAR
Green Technology (Sustainability) & Biotechnology (Smart Healthcare)
28 June – 25 August 2021
1. LAB/CORPORATE INTERNSHIPS
To build professional networks and engage in multidisciplinary research, participants will be assigned to different leading universities, national research labs in Taiwan. Aside from academic research, participants will have the option to intern in selected partner corporations to gain practical experience in the professional work environment.
Through peer-to-peer learning, participants will receive guidance and career-related advice from experienced professionals and have the opportunity to work with local students as well as fellow program participants. Our program mentorship allows them to enhance their professional skill sets to pursue their successful career path.
2. FEATURED SPEECHES – by distinguished scholars and experts
To prepare participants with comprehensive background knowledge of the focus topics, the program offers introductory lectures by distinguished scholars and experts from Green Technology and Biotechnology fields.
3. CORPORATE VISITS – practical learning & professional experiences
Exclusive visits to some of Taiwan’s prominent corporations offer participants a special insight to Taiwan’s innovative industries. Through face-to-face conversation with outstanding entrepreneurs and scientists, this insider experience will help bring the theoretical training into practical learning for the participants.
4. LANGUAGE & CULTURAL EXPERIENCES – embrace the beauty of Taiwan
To help our participants fully embrace the local culture and explore the beauty of Taiwan, special Mandarin courses on basic conversations, and a wide range of cultural activities will be arranged.
- The program tuition fee will be provided by MOST GASE.
- Participants are responsible for airfares, visas, meals, local transportation, personal insurance and other personal expenses.
- Regarding the accommodation fee:
- Accommodation during 28th June – 4th July (6 nights) and 23th -25th August (2 nights) will be provided by MOST GASE.
- Accommodation during 4th July – 23rd August will be paid by the subsidy you received from the Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan (R.O.C.) for the amount of NT$43,750 (approx. US$1,500) before tax (18%).**Please note that the accommodation fee may vary from the choice of accommodation in different cities.
19 February 2021